It is common for men who rape women to be described as monsters. That is understandable, what they do is certainly monstrous.
But in reality, they are not monsters., On the contrary, they are ordinary men. Men who rape women are the kind neighbour, always willing to help out his elderly neighbours. Or the work colleague who always works hard and is polite. Or the friend who has always been supportive and is good fun. Or the father-in-law who welcomed you into the family. Or the boyfriend who gave you lots of support when your mum died. Or the husband, with whom you have had three children.
The reality is, that men who rape women are ordinary men. And that is far scarier, than the idea that these men are monsters.
one of the worst things about becoming educated on social issues is when people are like ‘you used to have a sense of humor’
no i used to have internalized prejudices which i’ve worked really hard to overcome and i realize now that your jokes are shitty
Questions you should ask yourself about your Strong Female Character. From this excellent article: http://t.co/efkvvUqsum
Six times as many Palestinians killed over the last 72 hours than all projectiles fired at Israel have killed in 13 years.
Just a reminder that you’re whole without someone else. You are not a fraction. You’re a complete master piece all by yourself and you do not need anyone else to validate your existence.
happy birthday someone
I like reblog going this becaUSE WHAT IF YOU SAW THIS ON YOUR BIRTHDAY HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE
Mojo says hello! He may just be the world’s cutest killing machine.
(I don’t think we’ve ever spoken properly so hello from me too???)
If I was to die right now, I would be glad Mojo was the last thing I saw,he is adorable!!!
(I don’t think we have, so hello!)
- Have you eaten in the last 4ish hours?
- Have you had something to drink today?
- Can you have something, even if just milk or water or cup’o’noodles or toast with something yummy on it, if you haven’t, please?
- If you have any injuries, can you please take care of them for me
- Also please take any meds if you should and haven’t, yet?
Whatever you have or haven’t done today just know you’re super strong and I am so proud of you
Okay you can go back to blogging now~ <3
Gryffindor : Mate, I would die for you
Slytherin : I will kill for you, bro. Just give me the word, the bitch is dead
Ravenclaw: I’ll find a way we both can survive
Hufflepuff: I’ll die with you
Alright, these are kinda adorable…
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her."